We are committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your Personal Information. Any personally identifiable information about a client is considered Personal Information and will be treated in accordance with this policy.
Lake Country Physiotherapy collects, uses and discloses Personal Information for the following purposes:
- • To deliver safe & effective patient care.
- • To communicate with you
- • To provide reports to your physician and other identified third parties
- • To invoice for services
- • To process payments for services>
- • To submit claims for payment by third parties
- • To compile statistics
- • To comply generally with the law
- • To comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Your knowledge and consent of Lake Country Physiotherapy collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information is critical. We rely on the following actions by you as indications of your consent to our Personal Information practices:
- • Your voluntary provision of Personal Information directly to Lake Country Physiotherapy or through a representative for the purposes identified above
- • Your expressed consent or acknowledgement contained within a written, verbal or electronic process
- • Your consent solicited by Lake Country Physiotherapy for a specified purpose
- • Your consent given through your authorized representative such as a legal guardian, agent or holder of a power of attorney.
- Provided that you give reasonable notice, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
Limiting Collection and Retention of Personal Information
- Lake Country Physiotherapy will only collect, use or disclose Personal Information that is necessary for our Identified Purposes or as required by law. If we require Personal Information for any other purpose, you will be notified, and subject to your consent, that new purpose will become an Identified Purpose. We will only collect Personal Information by fair and lawful means and will retain that information only as long as necessary to fulfill our Identified Purposes.
- Lake Country Physiotherapy will maintain your Personal Information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the Identified Purposes.
- Lake Country Physiotherapy will protect your Personal Information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Safeguards will vary according to the sensitivity, format, location and storage of the Personal Information.
Accountability, Openness and Customer Access
- If you are not satisfied with Lake Country Physiotherapy's response to a privacy related inquiry, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada during business hours at 1-800-282-1376 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-800-282-1376 end_of_the_skype_highlighting or visit their website at www.privcom.gc.ca.
- * In this policy, "customer", "you" or "your" includes any individual who has requested, applied for or been supplied with services by PhysioWorks, including any other individual for whom the customer has acted as agent, guardian or representative.