- Physiotherapy plays a key role in the prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of sports injuries.
- A physiotherapist can help design safe and effective training and conditioning to maximize sport performance. We can also work with you to develop a regime that will prevent injury recurrence.
- Unfortunately injuries do happen; most sports injuries fall into the following categories:
- Sprains – tears to tendons or ligaments, usually in or around a joint.
- Strains – tears or ruptures in the muscle fibres.
- Contusions – swelling in soft tissue, usually as a result of a direct blow.
- Prompt care is imperative to a speedy recovery. If symptoms persist for more than 2-3 days, it is advisable to seek professional help.
- Although your primary goal may be pain relief, the injury may not be completely healed until flexibility, strength and function are restored.